while doing some facebook stalking..err browsing, i recently came across the glam bag by ipsy and for a first try i am genuinely impressed.
for those of you who are unfamiliar, ipsy was created by michelle phan with the concept to help women find the perfect combination of products to fit their needs. like the birchbox, which i also subscribe to and love (see my birchbox review here), the ipsy glam bag starts at $10 a month. rather than the cardboard birchbox that i usually repurpose or recycle, ipsy subscribers receive small cosmetic bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. you can also explore their monthly videos to learn how to use each product.
this was my november “party perfect” glam bag by ipsy. the bag itself is a pretty chic silk brown bag, but what’s inside is what we were all looking forward to.
jordan and i dug into the bag today and here’s what we think.
- the daredevil bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lip gloss was more like a stain. the gloss quickly dried up but the hint of color it left behind lasted through a few cups of coffee… it’s a little dark, but that’s in for fall, right?
- i haven’t tried the balm’s meet matt(e) eye shadow yet but the color, called matt batali is a deep brown with some purple/eggplant tones.
- the nailtini nail laquer in millionaire with teal and gold tinsels is not something i would typically wear on it’s own but i did layer it over a bold red polish and decided it might be fun for holiday party or a even a date night.
- the starlet eye pencil in all i want is peace love and chocolate was a nice change from the bolder black eye liner i usually wear and how can you not love something with a name that sweet?
- i’m saving the best for last. my favorite product in the november glam bag was the they’re real mascara by benefit. it did a great job of filling, lifting and separating my lashes. i’m a self-proclaimed mascara junkie and with the super fluffy wand this is now one of my all-time favorite mascaras. once this sample is gone i’ll definitely be purchasing the full sized product.
i’m not giving up my birchbox subscription anytime soon, but i have to say i really did like the november 2012 ipsy bag. it’s definitely party perfect!