I’ve been tagged by the lovely and talented Angela Calderon and Melissa Mullinax. What does that mean? It means I have to tell you eight random things you might not know about me and then tag eight other people. Hmmmm. Here goes!
1. I used to be an auditor. Believe it or not I was the Internal Audit Director for a national property management firm. Yep, I was bean counter. Indeed, I was. (No offense to any of my readers who are auditors.) That job was great while it lasted, but my job now is WAY MORE FUN! I mean, who actually gets excited when their auditor shows up?
2. There are two TV shows I might not survive without. Rescue Me and 24. COMPLETELY. ADDICTED.
3. I blew up a wave runner in 1995. It was a freak accident and I’m beyond lucky to be alive.
4. I’m spoiled. By my husband. You see, I have a serious aversion to doing dishes. And I do mean SERIOUS. I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve done the dishes since
we’ve been married. (Love that man of mine! He’s so good to me.)
5. And speaking of hands, I can tell you the names of each of my fingers and my thumb in
Flemish. So can my kids. (Yeah, I can say ’em, but don’t ask me
to spell ’em.) Completely useless, I know, but my Papa taught me. He
was from Belgium. He also taught me a few other fabulous Flemish words
that I better not say on this PG-13 blog. *wink*wink* (I love you
and miss you, Papa!)
6. I have a half-sister that I’ve never met. I hope with all my heart to be able to track her down one day.
7. My breakfast of champions – a COKE. Not exactly healthy, I know, but this is how I start every day and according to my husband, "it’s just best that way". :o)
8. I shared a Dallas to Kansas City flight with two celebrities in 2002. Mr. T mugged with me while Carl Weathers snapped this picture at the airport in Kansas City. I can’t believe I’m showing everyone this picture, but hey, you might not believe me if I didn’t. It’s hard to tell, but he was only wearing a couple of gold chains (although one was about as big around as my wrist) and quite a few diamond hoop earrings, but nothing like the A-Team Days. Ahhhh, I pity the fool…..
So, that’s it. Eight things you might not have known about me. Now let’s see who else we can get to spill their guts.
Misty Bull, Brianna Graham, Laura Siebert, Stacy Wasmuth, Amanda Keeys, Ann Latinovich, Tara Whitney and Michelle Croson. Some of these fabulous ladies have already been tagged, but their blogs are certainly worth checking out!
The husband is back in town and the kids have stopped puking so I’m officially back to work and ready for a great Monday!